An oven toaster is a famous appliance in many countries. Most of the OTG ovens available in the market come with similar features, but every oven works differently. An OTG oven is a small electric appliance that heats food items like a normal oven. The OTG ovens have a wire rack, front door, and a microwave oven.
If you are planning to buy a new OTG oven, then you may know how to use it and take care of it. So let’s see how to use an OTG oven.
The controls to use OTG oven
- There are a total of three knobs in an OTG oven that helps you to control the temperature.
- The temperature knob helps you to increase and decrease the temperature of the oven. The OTG oven’s maximum temperature is 250 degrees Celsius.
- There is a function knob in all OTG ovens that helps you to control the upper and lower heating.
- The time control knob is used to adjust the oven time. According to the dish you are cooking, you can adjust the time for it. For example, to bake a cake, you can adjust the oven timing to 25 to 30 minutes. The maximum time you can set on the oven timer is 60 minutes.
Proper care and maintenance of OTG oven
By following the OTG manual, you can completely understand how to use it for cooking your favorite food items.
Proper care is needed to use the OTG oven for a longer period. Let’s see how to maintain and take care of your OTG oven correctly.
- The first step is to unplug the device from the switch. If it is possible, you can try moving the oven near your sink. If it is heavy to lift, then take the cleaning items near the oven.
- It is safe to use the water and soap on the toasting rack and baking trays. To clean the oven accessories, remove them from the oven and clean it separately. After washing the trays, rinse it well in clean water and ensure there is no soap residue after washing the tray wipe and pat dry the trays.
- The crumb tray of the OTG oven contains a lot of dirt and grease, so it must be cleaned differently than the other trays. To clean the crumb tray, dump the tray in the sink and soak it for a few minutes. When all the grease and dirt is loose, scrub it with soap to clean it well. After that, you can rinse the tray with clean water.
- Now you can clean the interior of the OTG oven with a sponge scrub. When cleaning the interior, it is important to remember that you should not touch the heating coils. You can clean the glass door and the rest of the interior with a sponge. When you scrub the dirt, wipe the remaining with a cloth. Repeat the process until the oven is clean and neat.
- You can spray a mild glass cleaner to wipe off dirt inside the oven and one the glass door. After completely cleaning everything in the OTG oven, you can place the dry trays inside the oven.
Follow all the above instructions carefully to clean and maintain your OTG oven.